Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quesadillas and a Breakdown

Well I had my first mild freak out yesterday. Trying to complete like "exit counseling" for my federal student loans, I lost my mind, yelled, and may have cried a little bit trying to get the website to work. "You must click on all the tabs and fill out all blanks before you can move to the next section. There is an error on this page." Well, I could not find the error on the page and got myself thoroughly worked up trying to do so. This wasted about an hour of early morning time. Of course, it didn't help seeing all those loan numbers thrown in my face, making a required monthly budget around payments I'd have to make, and having the federal government suggest I get a job that pays around $116,000 a year- oh really? Yeah, no big deal, I was planning on doing that. All of this after I was so proud of myself for getting up at 6:30am and studying early and getting really jacked up on coffee. Turns out, the only problem was that you have to put something besides $0 in the blank for "Monthly Income." Sorry I was trying to be honest, goverment.

Anyway, I got all this figured out eventually after I calmed down. It was a real waste of time though. I finally looked at the Bar Points book that I've been neglecting [at least the part on Contracts] which surveys the important parts of the law and distinguishes NC law. And then I actually did all that the damn syllabus asked me to do: lectures for Real Property, 33 contracts multiple choice questions, and [even after dinner, which is unheard of for me. Who does work after dinner?] I completed a NC essay on contracts [and didn't do half bad, thank God.]

Needless to say, Charlie cooked dinner. He takes instructions very well. These quesadillas were already planned. All I had to help with was the [mini cuisinart's] chopping of the red and yellow bell peppers and onion. He sauteed those and cooked the chicken, as well as some rice and black beans. We each made our own quesadillas to our own preferred specifications once all that was ready. They were really good and relatively healthy [what with the whole grain quesadillas, chicken, black beans, a lack of grease used, and whole grain rice]. I did not make a whole lot of effort with these pics, mostly because I was so hungry. Then, when Charlie let me make mine first and I started taking pictures, he said, "Oh I forgot you had to do all that. I should've gone first." So I was rushed hurried.


Some well-seasoned chicken cooked in a pan with spray olive oil.




Shredded peppers and onions on the right.


Before folding the tortilla.


Many Sauces
From left to right, more of that chipotle-Greek yogurt sauce, Cholula, Gunslinger hot sauce, Walmart brand hot salsa.


Final Meal [plus maybe another half of a quesadilla that I made later] Seriously, not a good picture. Sorry.
 
Then I traded my normal 100-calorie Klondike bar for a Miller Lite. It was a hell of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment