Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Thursday, can we have a drink already?

This Bar exam might be the healthiest thing to ever happen to me. Minimal time to eat, much less drink. I go to the gym after the morning lecture and a healthy (small) lunch. I may have fruit for a snack while I do assignments, but usually I just eat a couple peperoncinis if I get hungry. Gotta push through, don't wanna get behind. Today, I got my things done at around 6:30pm and was worn the hell out.

Charlie got home from work, also worn out, and I suggested a drink- thinking maybe a glass of wine. He picked up the Knob Creek. Ah, a big timer. Since I don't love bourbon and have all that leftover simple syrup, I modified that sour recipe from before. Didn't have a lemon though. But when has a shortage of foods or supplies ever stopped me?

This has 4 oz of bourbon, 2 ounces simple syrup, and the juice of 1 lime. Shaken in the olive jar filled with ice. Strained over a short glass with ice. Traditional whiskey sours use egg yolks to make them smooth. I'm not that profesh yet so I'll stick with this combo.

 
 
This and an episode of Walking Dead. Ah relaxation. [Notice the collection of books in the background]. Also, I took a bath earlier. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment