Sunday, July 21, 2013

Zucchini Fritters

The other day I got my Birchbox and my Bon Appetit magazine in the mail at the same time. Jackpot. Talk about the little things! I dog-eared the page for these Zucchini fritters as soon as I saw them [while reading my magazine on the treadmill in the gym]. These were really good, crispy on the outside, super hot and moist on the inside. The dipping sauce they recommended was excellent too.

The recipe- here- is really simple. I was so proud of myself when my pictures turned out exactly like those in the magazine. The grating of the zucchinis was the only step that required more than minimal effort. Don't forget to let the grated zucchini drain and then squeeze out the excess liquid... which maybe I forgot to do until the last minute. I grated 2 zucchinis, let them sit in a colander while I went to the pool, squeezed them with a paper towel, then threw in the cornstarch, flour, salt/pepper, and egg. I mixed it all up with my hands and heated up the vegetable oil over medium/medium-high heat. Then I messed around making various sizes of fritters and frying them up. The dipping sauce was made with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. Dankness.

Le Inspiration
 
 

Grated Zucchini. Add salt and let drain. Lots of liquid will come out. Surprisingly tasty just like this.
PS- Don't peel the zucchini.



Just like the magazine. I'm telling you, I impress myself.



And yes, these are easy enough to make after a few beers.


These are a definite party food. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment