Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tortellini Soup

Man I've got so many good food pics that I haven't posted yet. This is a tortellini soup that, by actually following a recipe, turned out really awesome. You could change up the type of tortellini you use, but I like some meat. Previously I used a Trader Joe's fresh pesto and cheese filled tortellini, but this time found some at Harris Teeter filled with italian sausage. I'm pretty sure this is the recipe. I was in the grocery store already with an idea of what I wanted to make, so I just Googled to find a tortellini soup recipe similar to the one in my head to validate my ideas.

I've never really used stewed tomatoes before, but they are a great addition. They're already pretty seasoned and have celery and other things in the can with them. The tomatoes are also really soft and I broke them apart with my fingers so that they weren't in super big chunks when the soup was done. I also added some chopped carrots in early on so they would get soft too. And let's be real, you don't need to measure chicken broth exactly- just put in enough to have a pleasant amount of liquid (and soup to eat) and stop when it tastes good. Too much? Let it reduce. Duh. And add parmesan instead of salt for the most part. But honestly, you always need more salt. Yum.

Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, healthy?
 

Would be a much better pic without that little broken piece of pasta wasn't there... dangit
 
 

And then add as much Parm as you like. And I like a lot [more than this really, but ya know, it's for the pic]

No comments:

Post a Comment