Monday, July 8, 2013

Chicken Marsala

So I made this Chicken Marsala last week before heading to the beach, and it was pretty delicious. I found it on Pinterest because of its pretty picture and turns out it is from Saveur, a magazine that I can't really afford. Today I focused on Secured Transactions [still a day behind on Kaplan's schedule] and it was pretty straightforward but also awful since I never took that class in law school. Anyway, this chicken marsala- and the beautiful pics that came from it- really make me feel better about missing like 10 out of 24 questions on that checkpoint quiz...

Pound chicken flat- they recommend to a quarter inch thick, but that seems impossible with my tools.
Dredge chicken in flour and spices, heat butter and olive oil, cook about two minutes on each side. Remove
Add a bit more butter, saute mushrooms until golden, take em out and put them on the warm plate with the chicken.

I pretty much followed the recipe by Saveur. I didn't add very much of the flour that it calls for to thicken the sauce, but I also did not measure the flour that I dredged my chicken in, so I had kind of a lot leftover. I probably could have pounded the chicken a little thinner too, but the neighbors might have called the cops since I used a heavy-ish pot instead of a meat mallet [silly unnecessary thing to buy, but I will take one if you're making a list of potential gifts for me]. Of course, I subbed yellow onions for shallots, just because it's what I had. Other than that, yeah I followed the recipe.


Add oil (or more butter), onions (finely chopped), and garlic. Cook for a bit. Add some flour. Cook for a bit.
Throw in the marsala wine and reduce...


When the consistency gets awesome (a little thicker), add the chicken and mushrooms to the mix.

Then add the noodles of your choice (these are whole wheat penne). Mix around more.



Eat.
Man, so good.
 
And that is the most beautiful post ever on Chicken Marsala. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment