Friday, September 6, 2013

Turkey Sliders

Many things have happened since I last posted. As you can see, the name of the blog has changed. Maybe it's because... I PASSED THE BAR! I've been sworn in and now I'm a real attorney, admitted to practice law in North Carolina. More on that later. I also went to Thailand after taking the Bar exam. There was some serious food and some serious eating done there. More on that later too. I've got some catching up to do on some things I previously cooked [and some unloading of my iPhone photos]. These turkey burger sliders are from Bon Appetit, see the recipe here. They've got onions and spinach inside them and I put them on Hawaiian rolls, so they were really tasty. Also, you can eat about 3 and experiment with different toppings depending on what you have. These turkey sliders were great with pesto, tomatoes, more onions, brie, mozzarella, cheddar, and of course mustard and ketchup. I'm sad that we ate so many before taking pictures of all the possible toppings.

Charlie got really creative with the brie. And how appetizing does that melted cheese look? Wow.

I followed that Bon Appetit recipe pretty much exactly. No scallions, so I just used regular onion. Below you will see photos of most of the steps. Again, we ate a few before I took the pics.

Combine chopped spinach, onions, garlic, and cumin in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. I used the mini food processor on the spinach, onions, and garlic, obviously...
 

Blend all that.

Mix in the ground turkey. Only until blended. Who wants to touch raw turkey more than they have to anyway?


Form 1/2" patties. Mine were about 4-5" in diameter. It's really hard to keep them thin, but they'll plump up in the pan. Also, I made mine about 2 hours ahead of time and refrigerated them to let them get a little firmer.

Cooked up! Really juicy, as you can see from my really clean plate...

My combination of toppings. Mozzarella, tomatoes, onions, pesto, and a little ketchup on the side.

I was impressed by these and so was Charlie. They feel relatively healthy with all that spinach, using lean ground turkey and all. The addition of the Hawaiian rolls and the fact that we ate nearly all of them probably decreases the healthy factor. Those turkey sliders that were leftover did make for a good lunch later on that week though. I believe I'll recommend this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment