Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chicken Gloria

Chicken Gloria has obviously become really popular on Pinterest. It kept popping up in the Food & Drink category, and the picture looked really delicious so I visited this blog multiple times, mainly because my iPad ONE kept shutting down my Pinterest app... incredibly annoying. It was really simple and obviously I didn't have all of the ingredients exactly, so substitute I did. I swear I rarely have everything that a recipe calls for, but this still tasted very good. I didn't take step-by-step pictures this time, but I did think these pics of what I would call a casserole turned out relatively pretty. I served it over brown rice and garnished with parsley. Since cream of mushroom soup is only 90 calories a serving and I used chicken breast tenderloins and skim milk, it really wasn't too terrible for you. Charlie loved the Chicken Gloria, but I'm starting to think maybe he's not a good scale for judging the quality of my food, because he literally likes and eats everything.

Big pan of awesome. I love really hot, wet foods. Sounds weird, but true.
 

A bird's eye view of my plate.

So I totally recommend following the instructions for Chicken Gloria from this blog, since she totally created this recipe. But if you want to see the types of substitutions I made, here is my recipe... which worked out lovely:

Chicken Gloria
  • Chicken breast tenderloins
  • Flour (season it)
  • Olive oil and Butter (enough to brown chicken and cook mushrooms)
  • 8 oz. container of Mushrooms (I used Baby Bellas)
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine (had this leftover forever; any fortified wine would work)
  • Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Shredded mozzarella
  • Parsley
  • Salt and Pepper (duh)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dredge seasoned chicken breasts in flour and brown in a combination of oil and butter. They don't need to be cooked through because you're gonna put them in a small casserole dish next.  Remove chicken from pan (obviously).

Add butter to pan and brown chopped mushrooms. They should be golden when you add the Marsala. Reduce for a minute and then add the cream of mushroom and the milk. Mix until blended. Taste and season if needed.

Pour sauce over the chicken breasts in the pan you plan to bake in. Seal with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Uncover the chicken, sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top of each chicken breast and cook uncovered until melted and browned. It will look like it's ready to be eaten... I may have even thrown on the broiler (but do not forget it! I almost did).

Add parsley to make pretty and serve over rice. Or egg noodles... they'd probably be good too. Hell, maybe even whole wheat penne.
Profile picture of my meal

See... almost burned the top. Almost!

Delicious and Beautiful. Especially with that parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment